WHAT WE DO TO PROTECT PEOPLE, PROPERTIES AND ENVIRONMENT
Health, Safety and Environment are integral parts of all Kresta Laurel’s activities. With passion, we continually strive to create a safe work place where there are no accidents, injuries, property damage or environmental degradation.
At Kresta Laurel Limited, we desire a healthy workforce to undertake tasks on our projects and remain so after the execution of the projects.
- We ensure our workforce is medically fit for duties by subjecting staff to proper medical care at a government approved hospital.
- We attach Designated First Aider to each project team, equip them with required first aid materials and conduct refresher training as at when due.
- We monitor our employees’ health in job related risks and create a decent workstation void of ergonomic problems.
At Kresta Laurel Limited, our ultimate goal is – GOAL ZERO i.e. (no injury, property or environmental damage) in pursuit of this , all employees, contractors and sub-contractors must as a matter of policy imbibe our safety culture at all times. We work systematically to continuosly improve our performance; to comply with the laws and regulations guiding the installation of elevators, escalators, overhead cranes and industrial generators and manage associated risks to As Low As Reasonably Practicable.
- We provide employees with required resources, equipment and training to help them deliver according to their designated responsibilities.
- Prior to execution of any project, we ensure quality verification and certification of all plant and equipment before deployment for use on any of our location.
- We establish work processes, goals and performance indicators to control, measure and improve work performance and emergency preparedness.
- According to our HSE audit plan, Kresta Laurel Ltd is being audited bi-annually by a reputable external auditor to give room for improvement in our HSE practices.
- As a corporate citizen, Kresta Laurel is a proud member of Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals with serious commitment to the institute’s stipulated regulations.
- We take absolute responsibility for HSE planning and full implementation on our installation projects and take time for routine inspections as required by engineering ethics.
- We stop operations and immediately react to unsafe acts and conditions capable of resulting to accidents.
- We conduct suitable and sufficient risk assessment on projects and ensure recommended remedial actions are carried out prior to execution.
At Kresta Laurel Ltd, we are working actively to achieve our goal of preventing environmental degredation through our activities. In compliance with ISO 14001, we are keenly interested in preventing negative impact on environment by our installation activities.
The whole HSE responsibilities of the company chiefly rest on the Managing Director of Kresta Laurel Ltd being the first HSE focal point of the organization.
Similarly, departmental HSE responsibilities rest on respective departmental managers within their functional areas with the support of the company’s HSE manager who directly reports all HSE matters to the Managing Director.